Posts Tagged ‘Shows’
The Philly Film/Music Festival is coming up next week(Sept 22-Sept 25) and it’s playing host to some wonderful shows throughout the city. Some of the artists that will be playing are Sharon Van Etten, Marissa Nadler, Toy Soldiers, Nicos Gun, Creeping Weeds, Deadmau5, and many, many more.
You can either buy tickets to individual shows or buy a one-time badge that will get you into any show you’d like. That can be found HERE. BUT if you buy a badge through JUMP Magazine, you’ll get it for $30 cheaper. So I would highly recommend doing that.
St Vincent @ the Sanctuary of the First Unitarian Church in 2010
The lovely St Vincent(aka Annie Clark) released her fantastic third record Strange Mercy on Tuesday via 4AD and received raved(and well deserved) reviews across the board for it. Ms. Clark showcases her angelic voice and her hauntingly beautiful music extremely well on the album. More so than on her previous two records. One thing that stays true throughout all her LPs is the way she completely dominates the guitar. No one out there can play like her. Check out a few of her new songs below.
She announced a tour quite a while ago that will see her play Union Transfer on Wednesday, November 2nd. Tickets for the show can be found HERE. (St Vincent’s last show in Philly sold out so it might be wise to grab tickets sooner than later.)
Videos of new songs below….
Angel Deradoorian, who performs under just her last name– Deradoorian, is best known as one of the three stellar female singers in Dirty Projectors. In her down time from the band, she works on her solo tunes–recording and performing. She released her debut EP, Mind Raft, in 2009 and more recently performed at the Animal Collective curated ATP Festival in the UK last May.
Luckily for us Philadelphians, she’ll be in town Thursday, September 22nd at Little Bar in South Philly with Hubble and Joe Kusy and the Big Shirts. Tickets will be $10 at the door. Get all the information you need about the show HERE.
New Jersey trio Real Estate announced a tour today that will stretch from coast to coast over a three week period. The tour will be in support of their sophomore album Days(cover art posted above), which will be the band’s first release on Domino Records. The record is set to drop on October 18th. Check out a new song “It’s Real” below.
The band’s tour will make a stop in Philadelphia on Monday, November 21st at Johnny Brenda’s with Big Troubles. Tickets for the show have not gone on sale yet, but when they do, we’ll post a link.
All tour dates and new song below…
Yourself & the Air
What to do in Philly on Wednesday?
- Yourself & the Air, Everyone Everywhere, Mercury Radio Theater @ Kung Fu Necktie – 8pm – 21+ (tickets)
- The Alchemystics, Kings and Comrades, Jay D Clark, Cheezy and Clark, Backseat Back @ The Grape Room – 8pm -21+
I apologize for missing ‘Today Is Monday’. I just started an internship yesterday and things were a little hectic.
What to do in Philly on Sunday?
- Drexel Music Showcase featuring Kuf Knotz, Slo-Mo, Money Fame and Love, Hezekiah Jones, Spinning Leaves, When I Was 12, Night Fevers, Wild Rompit, D&M, Gypsy Death and You @ TLA – 3pm till ??
- Grandchildren, Creeping Weeds, Grand Nationals @ World Cafe Live downstairs – 5pm
- The Radiators @ The Trocadero – 7pm (tickets)
- TSOL, Shot Baker, F.O.D. @ The Barbary – 7pm (tickets)
- Ladder Devils, Regents (ex-Frodus), Halo of Snakes, To Tremble @ Kung Fu Necktie – 8pm – 21+ (tickets)
- Wildbirds and Peacedrums, Yellow Ostrich @ Johnny Brendas – 9pm – 21+ (tickets)
Death Cab for Cutie @ The Tower Theatre in 2009
What to do in Philly on Saturday?
- The Roots Picnic featuring The Roots, Nas, Esperanza Spalding, Ariel Pink, Man Man, Nicos Gun, many more @ Festival Pier – 12pm (tickets)
- Captain We’re Sinking, Red City Radio, The Great Explainer @ The Fire – 6pm (tickets)
- The So So Glos, The Fleeting Ends, Sunny Ali & the Kid @ Kung Fu Necktie – 7pm – 21+ (tickets)
- Penrose, Conversations With Enemies, Toy Soldiers @ Danger Danger Gallery – 8pm
- Death Cab For Cutie @ The Trocadero – 7pm – SOLD OUT
- Black Landlord, Kuf Knotz, DJ Sean Smoove @ Johnny Brendas – 9pm – 21+ (tickets)
What to do in Philly on Friday?
- First Friday @ Art Galleries throughout the city
- Pre Roots Picnic Party: Black Thought, Dice Raw, many more @ Dobb’s Philly – 6pm – SOLD OUT
- The Script, Safety Suit @ Mann Center – 730pm (tickets)
- Eco-Rage Fundraiser @ Danger Danger Gallery – 8pm
- Sondre Lerche, Nightlands, Kishi Bashi @ World Live downstairs – 8pm (tickets)
- Okkervil River, Titus Andronicus @ The Trocadero – 8pm (tickets)
- S.T.O.P., North Lawrence Midnight Singers, Le Fits @ Kung Fu Necktie – 8pm (tickets)
- Sun Airway, Dustin Wong @ Sanctuary of the First Unitarian Church – 8pm (tickets)
- True Gold, Row Homes, Your Girlfriend @ Connie’s Ric Rac – 9pm – 21+
- This Will Destroy You, The Nighty Nite, John LaMonica @ Johnny Brendas – 9pm – 21+ (tickets)